2019 MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. NATIONAL DAY OF SERVICE
Under the auspices of NuDay Syria, a New Hampshire non-profit relief organization, to assist families in need due to the humanitarian crisis in Syria
When: Jan. 11-26: drop off M-F 10-12, 1-5; Sat. 10-2
Sorting & packing Sat. Jan 26 10-4 (rain date Jan. 27 12-4)
Call the Civic Center at 532-6527 for more info or to volunteer
Where: Jaffrey Civic Center, 40 Main St.
What: Items below; no dishware or other breakables
• Non-perishable foods such as rice, beans, powdered and liquid infant and regular milk, tuna, protein bars, flour, sugar, and cooking oil; cookware and utensils
• New/gently used clothing, shoes, bedding, sleeping bags; fabric, sewing supplies
• Toys/games for children such as soccer balls, stuffed animals, crayons, puzzles
• Sanitary/hygiene such as diapers, female pads, soap bars, powdered detergent, toothbrushes
• Non-prescription pain-killers and other meds, vitamins
• Hospital equipment (walkers, wheelchairs, crutches) and medical supplies
• Bicycles in any condition; tools
More information at www.nudaysyria.org. Large items? Call for pick-up 603-566-7033.
Please join us at Celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. 2019 at the United Church of Jaffrey, Monday, Jan. 21, 5-6 pm followed by a Reception and Student Exhibit at the Jaffrey Civic Center.
Your contributions will help keep this important community and cultural center open for future generations!