WELCOME TO THE JAFFREY CIVIC CENTER – 501(c)3
Founded in 1966, our mission is “to provide and sustain a public venue where people of the Monadnock region can pursue artistic, educational and civic activities. The Center’s goal is to contribute to the cultural enrichment and enlightenment of the community.”
The Jaffrey Civic Center will not have any open hours or be open to the public till late February/early March of 2024. We have some renovations to do to alter our appearance! We are looking forward to seeing you in the new year. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email us! All scheduled programs such as Stories to Share, Bridge, DAR meetings, etc. will continue to be hosted in-house here at the JCC.
We are hiring!
Executive Director Assistant
The JCC is at a turning point. With the closing of the Sharon Arts Center in Peterborough, NH, the JCC has an opportunity to further its arts and cultural mission and become a preeminent venue for regional artists who want to show, perform, or enhance their artistic discipline. Furthermore, Jaffrey itself is developing as a cultural mecca, with the sparkling Park Theatre across the street and the Jaffrey Library located next door. Our newly appointed Executive Director is planning on charting a fresh course which will energize a community spirit to strengthen participation in the Center. Our Executive Director needs assistance in bringing this to fruition.
What the JCC Needs Today
While most of the work to be carried out will take place during regular working hours, the Executive Director’s Assistant should expect to work some evening and weekend hours, due to reception openings and events. Travel is expected to be predominantly regional, and a current driver’s license is required. This is an hourly position of approximately 20 hours weekly. The hourly rate is $17.50. The gallery is open to the public W-F Noon-5PM, Sat 10AM-2PM.
- Live in or close to Jaffrey
- Sense of humor
- Interest in community, art, history, and fellowship
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: Info@jaffreyciviccenter.com
No phone calls please.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the E.D with creating social media posts and posting schedule
- Assist the E.D with creating marketing campaigns and posts/posters/
- Assist the E.D with creating email lists, sign in/up lists
- Assist the E.D reorganizing our MailChimp email list and creating new templates
- Assist the E.D with setting up and cleaning up for openings and events
- Assist the E.D with organizing the JCC
- Assist the E.D keeping the JCC clean and kept
- Assist the E.D keeping our website up to date
- Assist the E.D planning events and classes
- Being the gallery docent during most open hours
- Assist the E.D with mailings
- Assist the E.D reorganize our filing system
- Mailchimp knowledge
- Social media & marketing experience
- An understanding and appreciation of the arts and their role in society
- Organizational skills
- WordPress website experience
- Gallery docent experience
- Canva experience
- Professional language & verbiage experience
- Gallery openings/receptions experience
- Computer skills – Office 365 and/or Google Docs
- Filing experience
The Jaffrey Civic Center is the proud recipient of a 2022 Ewing Award in the category of Arts Presenter!
Update your email preferences!
We are trying to update our email and snail mail preferences; please click here to fill out a short survey to update what kinds of emails and snail mail you receive from us!